By Kathleen Anderson
1) Do you think it’s a good thing for one company to possess so much information about so many people? What are the implications of this kind of information monopoly?
2) At what point does studying trends and data in order to improve a product become unnecessarily invading people’s privacy without their knowledge? What happens then?
3) How is Facebook influencing society and how will it continue to do so in the future?
4) Do you believe Mark Zuckerberg when he says that his goal isn’t to make money but to connect the world digitally? How long will people be willing to tolerate the proliferation of advertisements in order to use sites like Facebook?
5) In the future, will we see more social media sites like Pinterest where “discovery” is elevated above “searching”? Why is this concept so appealing?