- Breaking news is highly important and needs to be disseminated quickly, which can result in reporting misinformation. What are some strategies news organizations can implement to ensure accurate reporting?
- Authentication and offline confirmation is critical when using information obtained via social media. Considering this, how should an individual reporter proceed in a breaking news situation where a lot of information goes online right away, like the Boston Marathon bombing for example?
- Should a journalist have a personal account on social media sites or should they keep their private lives offline?
- Should reporters and news organizations use tools that allow them to send automated updates on social media and, if yes, when is it appropriate to do so?
- Did you disagree with any of The New York Times lessons or the ASNE best practices? Why or why not?